Rev. Gail Leslie Rice
Rev. Gail Leslie Rice is an anointed preacher of the Gospel. Her calling is to see lives transformed from the inside out and she has a passion for helping them discover the delight that comes in authentically serving and loving Jesus.
For 15 years, she served in a variety of ministerial roles at her home church, First Baptist Congregational Church, including, Assistant Pastor of Worship. She currently serves at Freedom Baptist Church, Hillside, IL, as Associate Pastor to Women under the leadership of Rev. Dr. Craig M. Smith.
Some of her ministry pursuits include:
- Mentor to the women of Leslie’s Place, transitional housing for women paroled from prison
- Chaplain intern at Interfaith House, a homeless shelter on the Westside of Chicago (2006-2007)
- Board member, Abigail House, a Christian-based transitional shelter for women rebuilding their lives after substance abuse (2006-current)
- Advisory Board Member, Major Impact Ministries, Inc. (2012)
- Director, Chicago Chapter of the National Consortium of Black Women in Ministry (2012)
- Board Member, WomenPreach!, Inc.(2016-current)
- Facilitator, Northern Theological Seminary’s New Kind of Preacher Clergy Communities of Practice Program (2015-2017)
- Ministry in Cook County Jail and Renaissance Nursing Home
- Organizer of “Pink Friday” recognizing survivors of Breast Cancer
- Workshop Facilitator, WomanPreach, Inc., Chloe’s Circle and Jarena Lee Preaching Academy (2014-present)
- Missionary; Ghana, West Africa (2010)
Rev. Gail is the visionary of Fresh Fire Ministries, a worshipping community that gathers monthly to minister to the hearts, souls, mind and spirits of those who desperately seek to ignite the fire within through Worship and Word.
Answering God’s call to ministry in August 2001, Rev. Gail preached her initial sermon in September 2001; was licensed by Rev. Dr. Arthur D. Griffin, Sr. in February 2002; and ordained to the Gospel ministry by Rev. George W. Daniels on November 9, 2007.
Rev. Gail earned a BA in Organizational Management (summa cum laude) from Concordia University (2001), a Master of Arts in Christian Ministry (June, 2006) and a Master of Divinity (June, 2014), both from Northern Theological Seminary. She also holds a certificate of continuing education from Lancaster Theological Seminary, in Lancaster, PA where she completed the Jarena Lee Preaching Academy in August, 2012.
She is Senior Director of Professional Development at a healthcare IT association, where she has been employed since 2001.
In May 1996, Rev. Gail married Deacon Wendell C. Rice, Sr., the absolute love of her life and soul mate, whom God placed in her life “for such a time as this.”
“I take absolutely no credit for anything the Lord has done in, through, and for me. It is not by my might, nor by my power, but it is only by the Spirit of the Lord!”